Child Education Allowance/ Hostel Subsidy for the year 2019-2020
SUB:- Child Education Allowance/ Hostel Subsidy for the year 2019-2020
REF:- (1)Rly Bd’s letter No. E(W)2017/ED-2/3 dtd. 12/10/2017 (RBE NO. 147/2017)
(2) Rly Bd’s letter No.E(W)2017/ED-2/3 dtd. 13.08.2018 (RBE NO.114/2018)
For claiming child education allowance/Hotel Subsidy for the year 2019- 2020 following instruction are to be followed in Mumbai division.
(1) Employees have to fill form of CEA/Hostel Allowance in E/KARMIK.
(2) As per para 2(b) of RBE NO.114/2018, in order to claim reimbursement of CEA, employee should produce a certificate issued by the head of the institution for the period for which claim has been preferred. The certificate should confirm that the child studied in the school during the previous academic year. In such cases, where certificate cannot be obtained, self-attested copy of the report card or self-attested fee receipt(s) including e-receipts confirming/indicating that the fee deposited for the entire academic year can be produce as a supporting document to claim CEA. The period here means academic year i.e. twelve months of complete academic session.
(3) Necessary documents like Bonafide certificate/ fees receipt/report card (as per para-2), Family particulars, to be uploaded in E/KARMIK along with form. (attachment should be compulsory)
(4) As per para 2(c) of RBE NO.114/2018, For claiming Hostel Subsidy, a similar certificate from the head of the institution confirming that child studied in the school will suffice, with additional requirements that the certificate should mention the amount of expenditure incurred by employees towards lodging and boarding in the residential complex. In such case certificate cannot be obtained, self-attested copy of report card and original fee receipt(s)/ e-receipt(s) which should indicate that amount of expenditure incurred by the employee towards lodging and boarding in the residential complex can be produce for claiming hostel subsidy. The expenditure on lodging and boarding or the ceiling of RS. 6750/- whichever is lower shall be paid to the employee as hostel subsidy.
(5) Original bonafide certificate/ fees receipt/report card (as per para¬2), for claiming CEA and hostel subsidy to be submitted by the employees, on demand from administration.
Note- For more details regarding grant of Child Education Allowance & Hostel Subsidy please refer Rly Bd’s letter no.E(W)2017/ED-2/3 dtd. 13.08.2018 (RBE NO 114/2018)
Signed Copy : instructions-for-claiming-child