Documents to be submitted by family pensioner along with the formats.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE, NEW DELHI-110066
PHONES : 26174596, 26174456, 26174438
CPAO/Tech/Bank Performance/37 Vol-III(A)/2020-21/81
The Head of CPPC/GBD
Subject:- Documents to be submitted by family pensioner along with the formats.
Sir/Madam, Your kind attention is invited to CCS Pension (Rules) 1981, Para 24 of the “Scheme for Payment of Pension to Central Government Civil Pensioners by Authorized Banks”, read with DP&PW Notification dated-29.08.2014 and DP&PW OM No.1/27/2011-P&PW (E) dated-20.09.2013 wherein the simplified procedure for payment of family pension is mentioned. The payment of family pension at the rate and to the person indicated in the PPO may be commenced by the paying branch on the receipt of following documents:-
1. Where spouse having joint account with pensioner.
- Application for grant of family pension
- Copy of Death Certificate of pensioner.
- Proof of his/her own age/Date of Birth (Date of birth is required to regulate the amount of additional pension on attaining the age of 80 years and above).
- Undertaking to the effect that any amount to which he or she is not entitled to or any amount which may be credited to his or her account in excess of the amount to which he or she is entitled would be refunded or made good.
2. Where spouse do not have joint account with pensioner.
1) Application for grant of family pension on death of a Govt. servant or pensioner in Form 14 as prescribed in CCS Pension rules may also be obtained in addition to aforementioned documents.
All the Heads of CPPCs are requested to take cognizance of the coda! provisions mentioned above in order to reduce the time taken by bank branch and CPPC for conversion of pension in to family pension to spouse or in cases co-authorization has already been provided in PPO.
This issues with the approval of the Chief Controller (Pensions).
(Dy. Controller of Accounts)