Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the Manipur State Government employees/pensioners/family pensioners
GOVERNMENT OF MANIPUR
SECRETARIAT: FINANCE DEPARTMENT
(PAY IMPLEMENTATION CELL)
Imphal, the 1st October, 2021
Subject: Payment of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the State Government employees/pensioners/family pensioners.
No.2/6/2010-FD(PIC)(Pt): The undersigned is directed to refer to this Government Office Memorandum of even No., dated 22nd August, 2020, on the above subject, and to state that the Governor of Manipur is pleased to order that the Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief (DA/DR) payable to the State Government employees/pensioners/family pensioners shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 7% as follows:
|Date from which payable||Rate of DA/DR per month|
|1st October, 2021||7% to 14% of Basic Pay/Basic Pension (7% increase)|
|1st April, 2022||14% to 17.5 of Basic Pay/Basic Pension (3.5% increase)|
|1st June, 2022||17.5% to 21% of Basic Pay/Basic Pension (3.5% increase)|
|1st December, 2022||21% to 28% of Basic Pay/Basic Pension (7% increase)|
2. The term “Basic Pay” in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed level in the Pay Matrix but does not include any other type of pay like personal pay, special etc.
3. The Dearness Allowance will continue to be a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of FR 9(21).
4. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fraction of 50 paise and above may be rounded off to the next higher rupee and the fraction of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
5. The Dearness Relief at the rate indicated above will also be admissible on the additional basic pension/additional family pension available to older pensioner/family pensioners based on their age as indicated in this Department’s O.M. No.9/11/2017-FD(PIC)(Post-2016), dated 11/07/2019 and No.9/12/2017-FD(PIC)(Pre-2016), dated 11/07/2019.
6. The payment of Dearness Relief involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
7. Other provisions governing grant.. of Dearness Relief in respect of employed family pensioners and re-employed State Government pensioners will remain unchanged.
8. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority, including the Nationalized Banks,‘eic: to, calculate the quantum of Dearness Relief payable in each individual case.
9. The Accountant General (A&E), Manipur and the Authorized Public Sector Banks shall arrange payment of relief to pensioners etc. on the basis of the above instructions.
Chief Secretary (i/C Finance), Government of Manipur