Revised rate of interest for GPF – w.e.f. 1st January, 2021 to 31st March, 2021
Employees Provident Fund Organisation
(Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. Of India)
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 14-Bhikaiji Cama Place, New Delhi – 110 066
Dated: 15 Jan 2021
Subject: Revised rate of interest – with regard to Staff Provident Fund in EPFO – reg
((TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, the 6th January,2021
It is announced for general information that during the year 2020-2021, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) w.e.f. 1st January,2021 to 31st March, 2021. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st January, 2021. The funds concerned are:
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services)
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India)
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services)
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident fund
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
(Rajat Kumar Mishra)
Additional Secretary to the Govt. Of India.