CSD Depots Entitlement of Four Wheelers
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
Quartermaster General’s Branch
Canteen Services Dte
West Bloci-3 wing-III, R.K.Puram
New Delhi – 110 066
24 May 2019
HQ Northern Command (OL)
HQ Eastern Command (OL)
HQ Central Command (OL)
HQ ARTRAC (Q)
Air HQ (Accts)
HQ DG Assam Rifles
DGBR (Q), DG NCC (Lgs),OFB
E in C Branch, KSB
HQ Southern Command (OL)
HQ Western Command (OL)
HQ South Western Comd (OL)
Naval HQ (PDPD)
HQ IDS, HQ SFC, HQ ANC
HQ Coast Guard (AD)
DG NSG, IG SFF, DIAV
Entitlement of Four Wheelers
1. Purchase of four wheelers through CSD is an incentive provided to service, personnel and veterans, for their service rendered for defence of the country and other challenging tasks assigned from time to time. From 2008, purchase of cars through CSD has also been extended to other ranks, which has resulted in major portion of CSD budget getting directed towards cars and other high value AFD items. In order to regulate and balance the budget of CSD it has been decided to restrict the expenditure on purchase of cars, yet ensure that officers, JCO and OR and their equivalent in the sister services continue to benefit from the relief in taxes available to service personnel and veterans.
2. At present the entitlement of four wheelers is governed vide CS dte letter No.96350/Q/DDGC/Car/Policy date 12 Jan 2016. Over the years based on increasing cost of four wheelers coupled with financial budgetary support system followed in CSD, a need has been felt to review the entitlement of four wheelers.
3. In view of the above, the competent authority has approved the following revised entitlement:
|(a)||Pay Level 10-18 (including Retired) & Widows (As applicable)||Upto 2500 CC but not exceeding Rs.12 Lakh excluding GST||Once in Eight Years
|(b)||Pay Level 3 to 9 (including Retired) and Widows as applicable||Upto 1400 CC but not exceeding Rs.5 Lakh excluding GST||Once in Service and Once after Retirement. First car after Six years of service. Gap between purchase of Two Cars to be eight years. If the late husband had purchased a car each while in service/after retirement then the widow will not be eligible to buy a car. In case late husband had purchased only one car then widow can buy one car through CSD after gap of Eight years from the date of last purchase.|
|(c)||Serving Civilian Officers (Paid out of Defence Estimates) in Pay Level 11 to 18)||Upto 2500 CC but not exceeding Rs.12 Lakh excluding GST||Once in Eight years|
4. The new policy will be effective from 01 June 2019. Serving/retd offrs, serving civilian officers (Paid out of Defence estimates) in Pay Level 11-18 who are already in possession of cars as per existing entitlements, will become eligible in the following manner in the revised entitlement:-
|No prior purchase of car||Entitled|
|Last car purchased prior to 01 June 2011||Entitled|
|Last car purchased after 01 June 2011||On completion of eight years from date of last purchase|
5. Policy on Special Sanctions will continue as hither to fore subject to above entitlement.
6. Amendment to application form is attached as Appendices A & B
7. This letter supersedes entitlement as promulgafed vide CS Dte letter no 96350/Q/DDGCS/CAR/Policy dated 12 Jan 2016.
8. The policy will be reviewed to keep pace with rising prices of cars, in the future.