Haryana Government Residential Houses to vacate the houses in view of Covid-19 Lockdown
GOVERNMENT OF HARYANA
Dated Chandigarh, the 26th August, 2020
1. All the Heads of Department in Haryana.
2. All the Divisional Commissioners in Haryana.
3. All the Deputy Commissioners in Haryana.
4. All the Sub Divisional Officers (Civil) in Haryana.
5. The Registrar General, Punjab & Haryana High Court.
Subject : Regarding one time relaxation to the allottee of the Haryana Government Residential Houses to vacate the houses in view of Covid-19 Lockdown
I have been directed to invite your kind attention towards the Rule 46, 47 & 48 of the Haryana Civil Services (Allowances to Government Employees) Rules, 2016, vide which provisions regarding ‘General rules for normal licence fee of Government accommodation, Retention of Government accommodation under various circumstances & Penal rent on over staying beyond the permissible period of Government accommodation’ are mentioned. Further, proceedings under the Haryana Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 2016 and under the Haryana Public Premises and Land (Eviction and Rent Recovery) Act, 1972 shall also be initiated, if the Government accommodation is not vacated upto the prescribed period.
2. As you are well aware that Covid-19 has been declared as a pandemic by the World Helath Organisation (W.H.O.) and to control its spread, nationwide lockdown has been imposed. Furthermore, Government of Haryana had imposed curfew / lockdown to prevent potential spread of the Covid-19 infection. Many allottees could not move in or vacate their houses due to lockdown. Since, it would be unfair to penalize them.
Therefore, in view of extraordinary situation due to Covid-19, it has been decided to consider the period from 01st March, 2020 to 30th June, 2020 as “Dies Non” (which does not count for legal purposes) for all means and purposes in respect of allottees or occupants who were due to vacate the houses after 01st March, 2020. No penal rent should be charged for this period from the allottees. However, normal license fee as applicable shall be charged for this period.
Copy of these orders may also be downloaded from the official website of Finance Department i.e. www.finhry.gov.in.
Under Secretary Finance,
for Additional Chief Secretary to Govt.