Grant of Special festival advance to Group-C and D-regular Government employees of State during 2020-21
(To be substituted bearing same number and date)
Government of Haryana
Finance Department (Ways and Means)
Haryana, Civil Secretariat,
Dated Chandigarh, the 30 October, 2020
1. All Head of Departments in Haryana.
2. Commissioner of Divisions in Haryana.
3. All Deputy Commissioners in Haryana.
4. Sub Divisional Officers (Civil) in Haryana.
5. Registrar General, Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh.
6. All District and Session Judges in Haryana.
Subject: Grant of Special festival advance to Group-C and D-regular Government employees of State during 2020-21.
I am directed to refer to the aforementioned subject and say that State Government has decided to grant interest free special festival advance of Rs.18000/ to Group- C and Rs 12000/ to Group D- regular Government employees of State during 2020-21, who apply for it.
2 The advance will be admissible to Group – C and Group D – regular Government employees who are continuing in service for the last one year. The advance will be sanctioned by the Drawing & Disbursing Officers concerned.
3. The following conditions should also be observed for sanctioning this advance:-
i. The Drawing & Disbursing officer concerned, before sanctioning the advance, should satisfy himself that the incumbent will continue in service until full recovery of the total amount of the advance is effected.
ii. The advance will be recovered in 12 equal monthly installments from the pay of the employee concerned.
iii. The advance may be drawn and disbursed by 30th November, 2020. Recovery will start from the month of December, 2020.
iv. The advance will not be admissible to work charged & contingent paid staff and daily wagers.
v. The advance should not be granted by parent Departments to Groups-C and Group-D employees who are on deputation to other Government/Corporations and Local Bodies etc.
vi. If both husband and wife are employed, the advance should be allowed to only one them.
4. It is requested that the Schedule of Recoveries should be attached with each bill in the enclosed Performa-I. It is also requested that the detailed accounts of the recoveries of the advance should be maintained by the Drawing and Disbursing Officers which should be reconciled with the office of the Principle Accountant General, (A&E), Haryana Chandigarh every month.
5. The expenditure incurred on the grant of festival advance may be communicated to the Finane Department ( in Ways & Means Branch) by the Head of Departments by the end of December 2020 positively in the enclosed Performa-II.
6. The expenditure will be debited to the Major Head, “7610-Loans to Government Servants etc-800 Other Advance (98) Festival Advances 50- Advances”. The recoveries made will be credited to the corresponding receipt head i.e. “7610-Loans to Government Servants etc.800-Other Advances-(98) Festival Advances (Receipt).
7. The detailed accounts of recoveries will be maintained by the Drawing and Disbursing Officer concerned.
8. Copy of this letter can be down loaded from the Finance Department website site: www.finhry.gov.in
Deputy Director, Finance
for Additional Chief Secretary to Govt. Haryana