Annual Validation of ECHS Membership of Dependents by submission of Life Certificate and eligibility documents by primary beneficiaries
The Central Organisation ECHS, Adjutants’ General Branch, has issued a letter regarding the annual validation of ECHS (Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme) membership for dependents. The letter states that a detailed policy on Annual Validation was promulgated previously, and based on feedback and digital data, it was observed that a significant number of 64KB ECHS cards were blocked as the primary beneficiaries had not uploaded the required documents within the specified three-month period, despite getting a one-time extension of validity.
Central Organisation ECHS
Adjutants’ General Branch
Integrated Headquarters of
MoD (Army), Thimayya Marg,
Near Gopinath Circle,
Delhi Cantt- 110 010
13 Jul 2023
All Regional Centres
All Command HQs
ANNUAL VALIDATION OF ECHS MEMBERSHIP OF DEPENDENTS BY SUBMISSION OF LIFE CERTIFICATE AND ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTS BY PRIMARY BENEFICIARIES
1. Please refer COECHS letter No. B/49711-NSC/AG/ECHS/Gen Corrs dated 26 Oct 2022.
2. A detailed policy on Annual Validation was promulgated vide letter under refer and also vide following CO ECHS letters:-
(a) Central Organisation ECHS letter No B/49711-NSC/AG/ECHS/Gen Corr dated 01 Mar 2023.
(b) Central Organisation ECHS letter No B/49711-NSC/AG/ECHS/Gen Corr dated 27 Dec 22.
(c) Central Organisation ECHS letter No B/49711-NSC/AG/ECHS/Gen Corr dated 26 Oct 22.
(d) Central Organisation ECHS letter No B/49711-NSC/AG/ECHS/Gen Corr dated 27 Jul 22.
(e) Central Organisation ECHS letter No B/49711-NSC/AG/ECHS/Gen Corr dated 06 Jul 22.
3. As per the feedbacks received from the environment and also by digital data available with CO ECHS, it is observed that a substantial number of 64KB ECHS Cards have been blocked by the system as the ESM/Primary beneficiary has although got one time extension of validity for three months as per Para 9 of letter referred at Para 2(e) above but not uploaded the required documents online with in the specified period of three months. The competent authority has approved following actions to facilitate such beneficiaries to get their cards unblocked and annual validation done:-
(a) Action by Primary beneficiary/ESM.
(i) Apply through email / hand over application to OIC Polyclinic to process unblocking the card of effected dependent along with required documents as given vide Para 6 of letter referred at Para 2(e) above.
(ii) The offline/through emails application to include following addl details:-
(aa) Ser No., Rank, Name of the ESM.
(ab) Name of the dependents.
(ac) Relation of the dependents with the ESM
(ad) Email 1D on which communication to be received.
(b) Action by OIC Polyclinic.
(i) Scrutinize the application received from the Primary beneficiary/ESM and forward to the Dir, Regional Center with recommendation and supporting documents by email with copy to the Primary beneficiary/ESM.
(c) Action by Dir Regional Centre.
(i) On receipt of request for extension with recommendation from OIC policlinic scrutinize the application.
(ii) Dir Regional Centre can extend the eligibility by three months from date on which Dir RC Approves the extension, subject to eligibility criteria are being met by the ECHS beneficiary.
(iii) The Dir RC will use a tab “One Time Eligibility Extension’ to extend the validity which is provided in the Dir RC Module.
(iv) The Dir RC will inform by email to the OIC Polyclinic with info to Primary beneficiary/ESM on the outcome of the application with further course of action expected from the ESM/Primary beneficiary within required time frame.
(v) In case the dependent does not meet the criteria then an email giving out reasons, be forwarded to OIC PC with copy to Primary beneficiary/ESM.
4. The cards once unblocked by the Dir Regional Centre, then the Primary beneficiary/ESM is requested to upload the required documents online within three months. After the documents are uploaded then they will be visible to OIC Polyclinic for verification and once verified, the card will be valid for one year.
5. This letter to be disseminated down to ECHS Polyclinics for the information of all ECHS beneficiaries.
For MD ECHS
Source Document PDF